Friday, September 14, 2007

The Nearer Your Destination The More You're Slip Slidin' Away

Just a note for the collectors out there, I've got a short piece in the current Mother Jones about the largest oil spill in the United States. Because it happens to be located in Brooklyn, my expense report consisted of a single MetroCard.

I know what you're thinking: "Gee, haven't I already seen this story here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here?" Well, yeah, sure. But when I handed in the manuscript in June 2006, it was pretty goddamn fresh. MoJo has so much great material on hand that things can get a bit backlogged, apparently. Don't take my word for it. The San Francisco Chronicle says:

Mother Jones right now is as good as I've ever seen it. I'm not sure what they're doing right, but they should keep at it.

Isn't it obvious what they're doing right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frank,
Horrifying, disgusting and, sadly, not surprising. And I don't mean your writing style.
Good for you and Mother Jones for bringing this story to the attention of the public. I'll be sure to direct my friends to the site.
Julie