Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide

As luck would have it, traffic to this silly site has, like, quadrupled today, thanks to us being mentioned by the Los Angeles Times and El Mensajero, driving hundreds of people to see....a bunch of pictures celebrating our dog's birthday. We could be embarrassed by this, but we've decided to embrace it. So, below is a photo of the perro, fresh from the breeder, on his first day as a family member back in October 2000 (he was a year and a half when we got him). Presumably our new California friends will be coming back for more...

9 comments:

Lazlo Lozla said...

Yes, I'm here because of the LA Times (hopping via CNN's AC blog), and having a good laugh at your posts; you may have me around if you don't get more serious in the future! Still, I'm curious on how a 60 Minutes producer ended up in this pretty city...
And congratulations to El Perro, I wish him well in his golden years!

Joy said...

After reading the L.A. Times post, tourists may feel safer, but red snappers may want to reconsider, no? Pobre huachinango -- so tasty.

Burro Hall said...

LL - I didn't mention the 60 Minutes thing to the Immigration officials, so I was able to slip in unnoticed. It was really easy!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your return to the mainstream media. Perhaps you have been south of the border so long you failed to notice the complete collapse of the American newspaper industry. That's the secret of comedy....timing.

Tio Loco

Krellinator said...

I second the hearty Congrats conveyed by Tio Loco. That kicks ass, regardless of the level of solvency of the LA Times.

Anonymous said...

YOu wouldn't happen to have any cute cats to go with the cute dog in the cute house in your cute town. Excuse me, I have to throw up.

Burro Hall said...

Just two. See here, here, here, here, here and here. And try not to puke all over yourself. This is a family blog.

Anonymous said...

Would you be doing pub for the Mexican tourism board these days?

Burro Hall said...

Hmmm. That hadn't occurred to me. How are the hours?